Inaccurate Whois information supplied by the Registrant for a .PW domain is considered a direct violation of the .PW Anti-Abuse Policy. .PW Registry has adopted the following policies to ensure that accurate whois data is submitted and maintained within the .PW namespace.
Accurate Whois Data Policy
All Registrants are required, via required language in every Registrar – Registrant Agreement, to provide accurate WHOIS contact details, and to keep those details current. Registrars are required to maintain accurate WHOIS information for all domain names they sponsor. They are obligated to obtain accurate contact information from Registrant and submit this data to the Registry. In addition, they are required to investigate and correct any reported WHOIS according to the guidelines given below:
- Registrar shall accept written complaints from .PW Registry and any third party regarding false and/or inaccurate Customer and/or Whois data of Registrants.
- No later than seven (7) days after receipt of a written complaint, or upon its own initiative, the Registrar shall conduct an initial investigation into the veracity and accuracy of the contact details. If the Registrar determines that the information is false, inaccurate or not up to date, Registrar shall issue a letter to the Registrant via e-mail and/or regular first class mail, stating that the information contained in the Registrant’s Customer record and/or Whois record may be false, inaccurate or not up to date.
- The Registrant shall be required to update its contact information no later than fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of such notice. If, within fifteen (15) days, Registrant can either (i) show that it has rovided false or inaccurate contact information or (ii) provide the updated contact information, then the registrant will be allowed to maintain its .PW domain name registration. If, however, after fifteen (15) days, the registrant either does not respond to Registrar’s notice or is unable to provide true and accurate contact information, the registrant shall be deemed to have breached its registration agreement and the Registrar may delete the registration.
.PW Registry allows the use of whois privacy services based on the following guidelines:
- Registrants must use only a privacy / proxy service operated, contracted or owned by the domain’s sponsoring Registrar, and cannot use third-party proxy services unaffiliated with the domain’s sponsoring Registrar. This means that a domain’s sponsoring Registrar should always be in possession of the underlying contact data
- Registrars and resellers must provide the underlying registrant information to the Registry Operator upon request, and⁄or upon a legitimate law-enforcement request, within 24 hours. The Registry Operator will keep this data confidential, unless #3 below applies.
- Registrars and resellers must remove the proxy/privacy protection and publish the underlying registrant information in the WHOIS if it is determined by .PW Registry and⁄or the Registrar that the registrant has breached any terms of service, mentioned within the Registry-Registrar agreement or ANY policy adopted by the .PW Registry mentioned on www.registry.pw
- Complaints and notices related to WHOIS inaccuracy and proxy protection abuse shall be forwarded to the Registrar
- Any Registrant that intends to license use of a domain name to a third party is nonetheless the Registrant of record and is responsible for providing its own full contact information and for providing and updating accurate technical and administrative contact information adequate to facilitate timely resolution of any problems that arise in connection with the Registered Name. A Registrant licensing use of a Registered Name according to this provision shall accept liability for harm caused by wrongful use of the Registered Name, unless it promptly discloses the identity of the licensee to a party providing the Registrant reasonable evidence of actionable harm
Random Checks and Audit
As a preventive safeguard against abusive domain registrations, the Registry, from time to time, will sample a set of domains registered for WHOIS inaccuracy and report them to the Registrar for further action.